According to the Health & Safety at Work etc. Act 1974, all employers are legally obligated to provide and maintain, so far as is reasonably practicable, safe access to and egress from any place of work under their control.
In case of a fire or another emergency situation which require an immediate evacuation of a work area, it is essential this can be done quickly and safely.
All routes which provide the means of access and egress to a workplace must be kept free from obstruction and be well maintained. Safe access and egress can be the difference between a safe escape and a fatal disaster.
Our access and egress talk helps keep employees safe and reduce health and safety issues in workplaces related to poorly designed or maintained access and egress routes.
If you are considering our access and egress toolbox talk, our Fire Safety Toolbox Talk might be of interest to you as well.
Items Covered in the Access and Egress Toolbox Talk
Our access and egress toolbox talk is split up in following sections:
- Introduction: Introduction to the legal requirement related to access and egress in the workplace.
- The Hazards: List the hazards as a result of poorly designed or maintained access and egress routes
- Control Measures: Outline the control measures to ensure adequate access and egress routes.
- The Law: List the regulations relevant to access and egress in the workplace.
- Toolbox Talk Questions: Include a few questions to validate attendees understanding of the toolbox talk.
Each of our toolbox talks include an additional page where relevant hazards on site can be identified and discussed, together with an attendance list where participants can be recorded and sign.
Purchase our Access and Egress Toolbox Talk to keep your employees safe, or take advantage of our toolbox talk packages which contains a range of our toolbox talks at a reduced price.