Angle grinders, also called side or disc grinders, are the most common metalworking tool. The handheld power tool used for cutting, grinding and polishing. They are found in almost all garages, shops and construction site. They are most commonly electric or gas powered and vary in size.
The wheel speed is between 9,000 and 14,000 revolutions per minute (RPM), which expose the operator to serious hazards if not used correctly.
Only trained personnel should use grinders as they otherwise quickly become a serious hazard to the user as well as the people in the surrounding area.
Our grinder toolbox talk helps keep employees safe and reduce health and safety issues in workplaces where angle grinders are used as part of the job.
If you are considering our hearing protection toolbox talk, our PPE Toolbox Talk and HAVS Toolbox Talk might be of interest to you as well.
Items Covered in the Grinder Toolbox Talk
Our grinder toolbox talk is split up in following sections:
- Introduction: Introduction to what a grinder is and what it is used for.
- The Hazards: Lists the health and safety hazards to be considered when using a grinder.
- Control Measures: Outline the controls to be implemented prior to starting the work and what to consider during use.
- The Law: List the regulations relevant to the use of grinders at work.
- Toolbox Talk Questions: Include a few questions to validate attendees understanding of the grinder toolbox talk.
Each of our toolbox talks include an additional page where relevant hazards on site can be identified and discussed, together with an attendance list where participants can be recorded and sign.
Purchase our Grinder Toolbox Talk to keep your employees safe, or take advantage of our toolbox talk packages which contains a range of our toolbox talks at a reduced price.