There are various types and amount of waste generated across a range of industries and it all need to be managed properly to ensure health and safety of employees and people processing the waste.
From a legal point of view there are also a range of rules and regulations that need to be complied with, as it otherwise can result in fines to an organisation and damage their reputation.
It is important to have robust waste management system in place as it is becoming more difficult and more expensive to dispose of.
The Environmental Protection Act 1990 deals with issues relating to waste, defining all aspects of waste management. As a business, you have a duty to ensure that any waste your company produces is handled safely and within the law.
This toolbox talk helps keep employees safe and reduce health and safety issues in workplaces where related to management of waste.
If you are considering our waste management toolbox talk, our Environmental Awareness Toolbox Talk might be of interest to you as well.
Items Covered in the Waste Management Toolbox Talk
Our waste management toolbox talk is split up in following sections:
- Introduction: Provides an introduction to waste management and why it is important.
- Managing Your Waste: Define how to manage waste efficiently and stay within the law.
- Why Manage Waste: Outlines some of the benefits from waste management and explain why waste need to be efficiently managed.
- The Law: List the law related to management of waste which all employers must follow.
- Toolbox Talk Questions: Include a few questions to validate attendees have understood the content of the toolbox talk.
Each of our toolbox talks include an additional page where relevant hazards on site can be identified and discussed, together with an attendance list where participants can be recorded and sign.
Purchase our Waste Management Toolbox Talk to keep your employees safe, or take advantage of our toolbox talk packages which contains a range of our toolbox talks at a reduced price.