We use our hands for virtually every task we do, so protecting your fingers and hands is important for your work and quality of life.
Since we use our hands to carry out most tasks at work, the fact is that they commonly are injured on the job. A serious injury to a worker’s hands or fingers will most likely prevent them from carrying out most of their tasks at their job. Simultaneously, it will also have a huge negative impact on their overall quality of life.
Even though gloves are the most common form of PPE found in the workplace, hand injuries are still one of the leading types of injury on the job.
Our hand safety toolbox talk helps keep employees safe and reduce hand injuries in most workplaces where hands are exposed to hazard from working with tools, power tools, machinery, chemicals and similar.
If you are considering our hand safety toolbox talk, our PPE Toolbox Talk might be of interest to you as well.
Items Covered in the Hand Safety Toolbox Talk
Our hand safety toolbox talk is split up in following sections:
- Introduction: Introduction to hand safety at work and why it is important.
- The Hazards: List a range of the hazards and potential hand injuries workers is exposed to.
- Control Measures: Outline the controls for how to avoid hand injuries during use of tools as screwdrivers, knifes, hammers etc. as well as power tools.
- The Law: List the regulations relevant to hand safety and use of PPE.
- Toolbox Talk Questions: Include a few questions to validate attendees understanding of the toolbox talk.
Each of our toolbox talks include an additional page where relevant hazards on site can be identified and discussed, together with an attendance list where participants can be recorded and sign.
Purchase our Hand Safety Toolbox Talk to keep your employees safe, or take advantage of our toolbox talk packages which contains a range of our toolbox talks at a reduced price.