Working in areas with loud noise can damage your hearing significantly. The impact is not instant when the damage is caused as it typically happens gradually. It may first become visible to you when the damage caused by noise is combines with hearing loss due to ageing.
As a hearing disability can affect someone’s level of life significantly and noise not only have a direct impact on a worker’s health but also cause other risks in the work place, it is important it is dealt with accordingly. From a legal point of view (Control of Noise at Work Regulations 2005), the law requires employers to take action to prevent or reduce risks to health and safety from noise at work.
Our noise toolbox talk helps employers keep their employees safe and prevent permanent damage to peoples hearing due to lack of knowledge. It also covers the training requirement employers are obligated to provide for employees working in areas with noise levels of 80dB or above.
Items Covered in the Noise Toolbox Talk
Our noise toolbox talk is split up in following sections:
- Introduction: Provides an overview of why noise levels at work is important.
- The Dangers: This section covers the health & safety risks of being exposed to excessive noise over a period of time.
- Identify Noise Levels: Define how to determine if actions should be taken to reduce noise and outlines the legal noise levels and employer obligations.
- Control Measures: Outline controls that can be used to eliminate and/or reduce hazards related to excessive noise in the workplace.
- The Law: List regulations that employers are obligated to comply with in regards to noise at work.
- Toolbox Talk Questions: Includes a few questions to assess attendees understanding of the noise toolbox talk.
Each of our toolbox talks include an additional page where relevant dangers on site can be identified and discussed, together with an attendance list where participants can be recorded and sign.
Purchase our Noise Toolbox Talk to keep your employees safe, or take advantage of our toolbox talk packages which contains a range of our toolbox talks at a reduced price.