Many workers are overexposed to noise as part of their day to day job. The exposure to noise either come from their own work or from ambient noise.
If you are over exposed to noise continuously over time, your ability to hear will decrease as a result of this. Overexposure does not necessary take long time, very high noise for a short time can also cause overexposure.
For example, and exposure level of 85 dBA for 8 hours is similar to 94 dBA for 1 hour. However, precautions as hearing protection can be used to reduce noise and slow down or stop noise-induced hearing loss.
From a legal point of view (Control of Noise at Work Regulations 2005), the law requires employers to take action to prevent or reduce risks to health and safety from noise at work.
Our hearing protection toolbox talk helps keep employees safe and reduce health and safety issues in workplaces where workers are exposed to high noise levels.
If you are considering our hearing protection toolbox talk, our PPE Toolbox Talk and Noise Toolbox Talk might be of interest to you as well.
Items Covered in the Hearing Protection Toolbox Talk
Our hearing protection toolbox talk is split up in following sections:
- Introduction: Induction to hearing protection and why they should be used when working in a noisy environment
- The Hazards: Outline the hazard when working in an environment with high noise levels.
- Control Measures: Provide information on the controls to reduce noise through hearing protection and the different types that can be used.
- The Law: List the regulations relevant to workplaces with a noisy environment.
- Toolbox Talk Questions: Include a few questions to validate attendees understanding of the toolbox talk.
Each of our toolbox talks include an additional page where relevant hazards on site can be identified and discussed, together with an attendance list where participants can be recorded and sign.
Purchase our Hearing Protection Toolbox Talk to keep your employees safe, or take advantage of our toolbox talk packages which contains a range of our toolbox talks at a reduced price.