One of the main reasons for workplace injuries, illnesses, and incidents is workers not being able to identify or recognize hazards related to a given task or work. Hazard identification and risk assessment are the basis of health and safety management. Before beginning any job, employees should always evaluate their work areas for potential hazards.
A risk assessment is simply another way of saying to conduct a review of what could cause harm to people during particular work assignments or tasks. Based on these risk assessments the employer can weigh up whether it has taken enough precautions or should do more to prevent harm to their employees.
Our hazard recognition toolbox talk helps keep employees safe and reduce health and safety issues in workplaces where hazards and risks are present.
If you are considering this toolbox talk, then our toolbox talk packages might be of interest to you as well. In those we have included a range of our toolbox talks at a reduced price.
Items Covered in the Hazard Recognition Toolbox Talk
The toolbox talk is split up in following sections:
- Introduction: Provide a summary of what hazard recognition and risk assessments is.
- The Hazards: Outline a range of the hazards you should consider when assessing a workplace or on a construction site.
- Control Measures: Outlines how to continue with the risk assessment when the hazards are identified and implement controls where relevant.
- The Law: List the regulations relevant to hazard recognition and risk assessments as part of occupational health and safety.
- Toolbox Talk Questions: Include a few questions to validate attendees understanding of the hazard recognition toolbox talk.
Each of our toolbox talks include an additional page where relevant hazards on site can be identified and discussed, together with an attendance list where participants can be recorded and sign.
Purchase our Hazard Recognition Toolbox Talk to keep your employees safe, or take advantage of our toolbox talk packages which contains a range of our toolbox talks at a reduced price.