Excavators, dumb trucks, graders, rollers and a range of other mobile plant equipment play an important role within the construction industry. However, they can pose a risk to other workers in the area, especially when they are not visible to the operators.
Working safely in and around mobile plant in operation is a shared responsibility between the mobile plant operator and the surrounding workers. Being hit, crushed by, or falling from mobile plant is seen way too often withing the construction industry and result in fatalities and serious injuries.
Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974 requires the employer to identify hazards in the workplace and take all practicable steps to eliminate significant risks.
Our mobile plant safety toolbox talk helps keep employees safe and reduce health and safety issues in workplaces for employees working with or around mobile plant.
Items Covered in the Mobile Plant Safety Toolbox Talk
The toolbox talk is split up in following sections:
- Introduction: Provides an overview of what to consider when working with or around mobile plant.
- The Dangers: This section describes the hazards in workplaces where employees work with or around mobile plant.
- Control Measures: Defines the precautions and actions that should be taken to reduce the hazards related to working with or around mobile plant.
- The Law: List regulations that employers are obligated to comply with when their employees work with or around mobile plant.
- Toolbox Talk Questions: Includes a few questions to assess attendees understanding of the toolbox talk.
Each of our toolbox talks include an additional page where relevant dangers on site can be identified and discussed, together with an attendance list where participants can be recorded and sign.
Purchase our Mobile Plant Safety Toolbox Talk to keep your employees safe, or take advantage of our toolbox talk packages which contains a range of our toolbox talks at a reduced price.