When we talk about waste, then it refers to any solid, liquid, or container with gas that is discarded or recycled. Any used or unwanted material becomes waste when it has no further economic value to a company or person.
Waste is considered ‘hazardous’ when it contains substances or has properties that might make it harmful to human health or the environment.
Some of the common hazardous waste include:
- Aerosol Cans
- Solvent Soaked Rags
- Spill Debris
- Mineral spirits
The Hazardous Waste (England and Wales) Regulations 2005, outline the control and tracking of hazardous waste. This covers registration of hazardous waste producers and recording the movement of hazardous waste.
Our hazardous waste toolbox talk helps keep employees safe and reduce health and safety issues in workplaces where hazardous waste is generated as part of the work that is carried out.
If you are considering our hazardous waste toolbox talk, our COSHH Toolbox Talk and Waste Management Toolbox Talk might be of interest to you as well.
Items Covered in the Hazardous Waste Toolbox Talk
Our toolbox talk is split up in following sections:
- Introduction: Introduction to what hazardous waste is.
- The Hazards: The hazards when managing hazardous waste.
- Control Measures: Outlines the controls that needs to be considered when managing hazardous waste.
- The Law: List the regulations relevant to hazardous waste and its disposal.
- Toolbox Talk Questions: Include a few questions to validate attendees understanding of the toolbox talk.
Each of our toolbox talks include an additional page where relevant hazards on site can be identified and discussed, together with an attendance list where participants can be recorded and sign.
Purchase our Hazardous Waste Toolbox Talk to keep your employees safe, or take advantage of our toolbox talk packages which contains a range of our toolbox talks at a reduced price.