Workers building bridges, cleaning office towers or work at height in general, need personal fall protection systems. One of the most common systems is a safety harness and can be a lifesaver for those who occasionally work at heights.
When assessing the need for fall protection, consider if there are locations from which someone could fall. Keep in mind falls from just a few feet off the ground can still be very fatal.
Our safety harness toolbox talk helps keep employees safe and reduce health and safety issues in workplaces where they continuously or occasionally work at height.
If you are considering our safety harness toolbox talk, our Work at Height Toolbox Talk might be of interest to you as well.
Items Covered in the Safety Harness Toolbox Talk
This toolbox talk is split up in following sections:
- Introduction: Introduction to what a safety harness is and when it is used.
- The Hazards: Outlines some of the hazards to consider when using a harness as part of a job.
- Control Measures: Defines the controls to consider to avoid and/or reduce the risk of injuries when using a safety harness.
- The Law: List the regulations relevant to working a height where a harness is required.
- Toolbox Talk Questions: Include a few questions to validate attendees understanding of the toolbox talk.
Each of our toolbox talks include an additional page where relevant hazards on site can be identified and discussed, together with an attendance list where participants can be recorded and sign.
Purchase our Safety Harness Toolbox Talk to keep your employees safe, or take advantage of our toolbox talk packages which contains a range of our toolbox talks at a reduced price.