Everyone uses electric cables to some extent and potentially hoses for gas, air pressure or water for various reasons.
Cables and hoses are widely used within most workplaces to supply lighting, welding, power tools, heating, pneumatic tools and fire fighting amongst others.
If used under controlled condition, cables like this are perfectly safe. However, if there are no proper cable management in place, these can cause severe accidents.
Adequate cable management should be considered in any workplace, no matter if it is an office environment or a construction site.
Our cable management toolbox talk helps keep employees safe and reduce health and safety issues in workplaces where an extensive amount of cables are used for items such as power tools, computers, screens and other various types of equipment for work.
Items Covered in the Cable Management Toolbox Talk
Our toolbox talk is split up in these following sections:
- Introduction: Description of what is meant by cable management and why that is important.
- The Hazards: Outline common hazards associated with poor cable management.
- Control Measures: Define controls that should be considered to prevent incidents related to poor cable management within workplaces.
- The Law: List the regulations relevant to cable management.
- Toolbox Talk Questions: Include a few questions to validate attendees understanding of the toolbox talk.
Each of our toolbox talks include an additional page where relevant hazards on site can be identified and discussed, together with an attendance list where participants can be recorded and sign.
Purchase our Cable Management Toolbox Talk to keep your employees safe, or take advantage of our toolbox talk packages which contains a range of our toolbox talks at a reduced price.