Carbon monoxide (CO) can be almost impossible to detect as it is a colourless, odourless and tasteless toxic gas which interferes with the oxygen-carrying capacity of blood.
CO is also known as the silent killer, as it can cause a fatality without warning. There are a lot of incidents where people die from CO poisoning, often because of using gasoline powered equipment in buildings or partly enclosed spaces not adequately ventilated.
The impact carbon monoxide poisoning has on your body includes neurological damage, illness, coma and death.
Our carbon monoxide toolbox talk helps keep employees safe and reduce health and safety issues in workplaces where heavy equipment and petrol powered tools are used and there is a risk of carbon monoxide poisoning.
If you are considering our carbon monoxide toolbox talk, our Heavy Equipment Toolbox Talk and Plant and Machinery Toolbox Talk might be of interest to you as well.
Items Covered in the Carbon Monoxide Toolbox Talk
Our toolbox talk is split up in these following sections:
- Introduction: Explanation of what CO poisoning is and it impact on your body.
- The Hazards: Outline some of the common hazards in a workplace which could cause CO poisoning.
- Control Measures: Defines the controls that should be implemented to mitigate the risk of CO poisoning.
- The Law: List the regulations relevant to health and safety in regards to carbon monoxide.
- Toolbox Talk Questions: Include a few questions to validate attendees understanding of the toolbox talk.
Each of our toolbox talks include an additional page where relevant hazards on site can be identified and discussed, together with an attendance list where participants can be recorded and sign.
Purchase our Carbon Monoxide Toolbox Talk to keep your employees safe, or take advantage of our toolbox talk packages which contains a range of our toolbox talks at a reduced price.