Our concrete drilling toolbox talk improve health and safety on sites where scissor lifts are used and there is a risk of incidents.
Concrete Drilling Toolbox Talk
Concrete drilling is often carried out in connection with installing industrial racking, or if items need to be fastened to concrete walls or ceilings.
Drilling into concrete releases a fine sandy dust, which contains crystalline silica. Breathing in this dust can cause a serious lung disease called silicosis. Electricians, plumbers, sprinkler installers and other mechanical trades who regularly and routinely drill into concrete are at risk of developing this disease.
Some of the most common hazards associated with concrete drilling include, but is not limited to, the following.
- Silica dust generated from the drilling process.
- High level of noise from equipment when drilling concrete.
- Equipment can be wrenched from the hands of the operator.
Our concrete drilling toolbox talk helps keep employees safe and reduce health and safety issues in workplaces where concrete drilling is taking place.
If you are considering our concrete drilling toolbox talk, our Silica Dust Toolbox Talk and Noise Toolbox Talk might be of interest to you as well.
Items Covered in the Concrete Drilling Toolbox Talk
Our toolbox talk is split up in these following sections.
- Introduction: Explanation of what concrete drilling is and in what connection it is used.
- The Hazards: Outline some of the common hazards in workplaces where concrete drilling forms part of the day-to-day activities.
- Control Measures: Defines the controls that should be implemented to mitigate any risks related to concrete drilling.
- Toolbox Talk Questions: Include a few questions to validate attendees understanding of the toolbox talk.
- Further Information: Outline where additional information can be received, related to the topic covered in the toolbox talk.
Each of our toolbox talks include an additional page where relevant hazards on site can be identified and discussed, together with an attendance list where participants can be recorded and sign.
Purchase our Concrete Drilling Toolbox Talk to keep your employees safe, or take advantage of our toolbox talk packages, which contains a range of our toolbox talks at a reduced price.