Any lifting equipment used in the workplace has to comply with the Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998 (LOLER).
The regulation applies to you if you are an employer or self-employed person who either provide lifting equipment for use at work, or have control of the use of lifting equipment.
Any equipment used at work for lifting, including items used for anchoring, fixing or supporting it is considered lifting equipment.
The Regulations cover a wide range of equipment including, but not limited to, the following:
- Lifting chains, ropes and slings
- Pull lifts
- Chain blocks
- Eyebolts and ‘D’ links
- Crane with attachments
- Vehicle inspection hoist
- Lorry mounted loader crane
- Mobile elevating work platform
Our safe use of lifting equipment toolbox talk helps keep employees safe and reduce health and safety issues in workplaces when lifting equipment is used.
If you are using lifting equipment at work, our Lifting Operations Toolbox Talk might also be of interest to you.
Items Covered in the Safe use of Lifting Equipment Toolbox Talk
Our safe use of lifting equipment toolbox talk is split up in following sections:
- Introduction: Provides an overview of what is considered lifting equipment and have to comply with the LOLER regulation.
- The Dangers: Describes various scenarios that could increase the hazards during use of lifting equipment.
- Control Measures:
- Inspection of Lifting Equipment: Outlines how often different types of equipment should be inspected.
- Things to Check on Lifting Equipment define what to look for when inspecting equipment used for lifting.
- The Law: List regulations that employers are obligated to comply with when providing lifting equipment for use at work, or have control of the use of lifting equipment.
- Toolbox Talk Questions: Includes a few questions to assess attendees understanding of the toolbox talk.
Each of our toolbox talks include an additional page where relevant dangers on site can be identified and discussed, together with an attendance list where participants can be recorded and sign.
Purchase our Safe use of Lifting Equipment Toolbox Talk to keep your employees safe, or take advantage of our toolbox talk packages which contains a range of our toolbox talks at a reduced price.