In 80 out of every 100 accidents, it is the person involved in the accident who is at fault. This means, unsafe acts are 4 times more likely to cause an incident than unsafe conditions.
The main point to consider when trying to prevent accidents are:
- It is people who causes accidents, not the equipment.
- There is always an owner for every accident.
- When an accident has happened, planning for safety is too late.
There is always room for further improvements when it comes to preventing an accident.
As part of The Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and The Workplace (Health, Safety and Welfare) Regulations 1992, employers are obligated to conduct risk assessments for the tasks being carried out and address any health and safety risks identified to prevent accidents in the workplace
Our accident prevention toolbox talk helps keep employees safe and reduce health and safety issues in workplaces where high risk activities are carried out and multiple hazards are present.
If you are considering our accident prevention toolbox talk, our Situational Awareness Toolbox Talk, Hazard Recognition Toolbox Talk and Risk Assessment Toolbox Talk might be of interest to you as well.
Items Covered in the Accident Prevention Toolbox Talk
Our accident prevention toolbox talk is split up in these following sections:
- Introduction: Introduction to accidents in the workplace.
- The Hazards: This section describes the hazards that are likely to cause accidents.
- Control Measures: Outlines the controls and element to consider to prevent or reduce the chance of an accident happening.
- The Law: List the regulations relevant to health and safety on site.
- Toolbox Talk Questions: Include a few questions to validate attendees understanding of the toolbox talk.
Each of our toolbox talks include an additional page where relevant hazards on site can be identified and discussed, together with an attendance list where participants can be recorded and sign.
Purchase our Accident Prevention Toolbox Talk to keep your employees safe, or take advantage of our toolbox talk packages which contains a range of our toolbox talks at a reduced price.