A robust first aid program is key on any site or workplace, in order to safe life and minimize disablement following an accident.
Supervisors and managers should have emergency information ready and available in case on an incident. Having the right information available and being able to react quickly, can make a big difference to a seriously injured person.
According to the law ‘The Health and Safety (First-Aid) Regulations 1981’, employers must make sure there are adequate and appropriate first aid equipment, facilities, and number of qualified first aiders in the workplace.
Our first aid toolbox talk helps keep employees safe and reduce health and safety issues in workplaces if an incident happens.
Items Covered in the First Aid Toolbox Talk
Our first aid toolbox talk is split up in following sections:
- Introduction: Explains why a first aid program is essential in any workplace.
- The Dangers: Outlines some of the dangers where a robust first aid program can be the difference of life and death, or how disabled an injured person end up being.
- Control Measures: Define what any employee should be aware of prior to any first aid is required and the actions to take in case of an accident.
- The Law: List the relevant regulations an employee should comply with related to first aid and when a person is injured.
- Toolbox Talk Questions: Include some questions to validate attendees understanding of the first aid toolbox talk.
Each of our toolbox talks include an additional page where relevant dangers on site can be identified and discussed, together with an attendance list where participants can be recorded and sign.
Purchase our First Aid Toolbox Talk to keep your employees safe, or take advantage of our toolbox talk packages which contains a range of our toolbox talks at a reduced price.