Hop up type platforms are intended for low-level access requirements and is often used by the plastering or decorating trades. Hop ups are typically made from aluminium or wood and has a small platform to stand on which assist in reaching areas at low height.
Falls from hop ups can be prevented by providing employees using them with awareness if the hazards and knowledge of safety guidelines.
A person using a hop up is not very high of the ground. However, a fall can still cause severe injuries and disability for life when landing the wrong way.
This toolbox talk helps keep employees safe and reduce health and safety issues in workplaces where they are used.
If you are considering our hop ups toolbox talk, our Work at Height Toolbox Talk, Step Ladder Toolbox Talk and Ladder Toolbox Talk might be of interest to you as well.
Items Covered in the Hop Ups Toolbox Talk
Our hop ups toolbox talk is split up in following sections:
- Introduction: Provide an introduction to what hop ups are and what they typically are used for.
- The Hazards: Outline the hazards related to use of hop ups.
- Control Measures: Define the controls to eliminate or prevent hazards related to use of hop ups.
- The Law: List the relevant regulations that has to be complied with when working while standing on hop ups.
- Toolbox Talk Questions: Include a few questions to validate attendees understanding of the toolbox talk.
Each of our toolbox talks include an additional page where relevant hazards on site can be identified and discussed, together with an attendance list where participants can be recorded and sign.
Purchase our Hop Ups Toolbox Talk to keep your employees safe, or take advantage of our toolbox talk packages which contains a range of our toolbox talks at a reduced price.